Sri. Shetty Sangappa was born, in an agriculture family, at Sulepeth, Taluka Chincholi, District Gulbarga. He joined the department of Police in the erstwhile state of Hyderabad as a Sub-Inspector of Police and opted for the service of the Mysore State Department of Police and rose to become a Superintendent of Police. He was one of those trusted and intelligent officers of the department who was a ready reference and an encyclopedia, in the matters of the efficient policing, for the department and its men. He was a man of daunting courage, grit and substance. He was a guiding force, and true friend, philosopher and guide to all police personnel of this region and Senior officers of the department till he passed away on 28th February 1990. Sri Shetty Sangappa was a legendary Police officer his life and service are full of stuff that the great stories are made of. He was great investigator, and excelled in crime detection. His study on Paardis and other nomadic criminal tribes is chronicled in the Corps of Detectives at Bangalore. He played a greater role in the control of Sikh riots at Bidar. He was a refined human being full of discipline, love & compassion for fellow human beings especially for the children. Sri. Shetty Sangappa had that rare human touch which is generally not found these days especially amongst the police fraternity. People who interacted with him once never would forget his personal touch. His equals & felons (whom he dealt during policing) alike admired and cherish his special qualities. He was a nightmare to the outlaws. In pursuit of this philosophy and the legacy of late Sri Shetty Sangappa the family formed & registered SRI SHETTY SANGAPPA MEMORIAL TRUST.
Sri Girijashanker Shetty, Chairman, a senior advocate at Gulbarga has been in the field of legal profession for the past more than two decades and a man with social commitment and concern for the society at large. Apart from the legal profession he is associated with many organizations and Home Guard is one such. He has been the District Commandant of Home Guards for the District of Gulbarga for more than a decade and has rendered great service to the society in this capacity and in recognition of his services he has been awarded the Presidents Meritorious service Medal by the Government of India, during the year 2007.
Sri K. S. Ravi Kumar and other promoters are the institution builders and have rich experience in establishing institutions and Sri Ravi Kumar has been instrumental in the establishment of the below mentioned Engineering institutions in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
He is also the Chairman of Jayaprakashnarayan Engineering college Meheboobnager and Director Jawaherlal Neheru Institute of Technology Hyderabad has rich experience of establishing the following Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
- DVR College of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad.
- Swarna Bharathi Institute of Science & Technology, Khammam A.P.
- Swarna Bharathi Institute of Science & Technology (Management), Khammam A.P.
- Jayaprakash Narayan College of Engineering, Mahaboobnagar.
- Girijashanker S/o Shetty Sangappa, Chairman
- Udayshanker S/o Shetty Subashchandera, Vice Chairman
- Smt. Anuja W/o Udayshanker Shetty, Secretary
- Smt. Sujata W/o Girijashanker Shetty, Treasurer
- Smt. Parvati Shetty W/o Late Sri. Shetty Sangappa, Trustee
- Smt. Vimala Shetty W/o Late Sri. Subashchander Shetty, Trustee
- Sri. K. S. Ravi Kumar, Chairman Jayprakash Narayan College of Engineering Meheboobnager and
Director Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology Hyderabad Honorary Trustee
- Sri. V.S. Jalde, Advocate, Gulbarga Honorary Trustee
- Sri. A. Vijaykumar, Advocate, Gulbarga Honorary Trustee